9.19.2006

Christian Campus House: Angie Rhoads Fundraiser

I tend to be a worrier, especially when it comes to my finances. So when I first heard of my diagnosis, typically one would think of their overall well-being, my thought was "how the heck am I going to afford brain surgery." You can ask Jenna Wright, when I finally understood what was going on after my seizure all I was trying to do is remember if I had health insurance.

I am a very independent person. So this experience has really turned my world upside down. I cannot do anything on my own *literally*, which includes paying for my surgery, emergency room visits, medicine, doctor's bills, anesthesiologists and attorney fees.

The CCH is an amazing organization that has come beside me through so many difficult times. There are not words to express the gratitude I have for it as an organization and for the individuals who make it up. Its efforts continue to amaze me.


Please as you pray, consider supporting me through the Christian Campus House.

***********************************************************
As many of you know, Angie Rhoads has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Angie has been an active part of our ministry for four years, serving as a leader and working as an office assistant. Many people have been blessed because of her life. Angie is 22 years old and was on schedule to graduate this December with a degree in Public Relations.

We are wanting to come together as a ministry to help her financially. Her dad passed away from a brain tumor when she was young and her mom passed away when Angie was 18. Angie has a younger brother who is living in Lee's Summit with a family who took them in when their mom passed away.

Angie has insurance through CMSU, but she has already maxed out the $10,000 through her ER visits and scheduled tests. Angie is not eligible for Medicaid due to her "adult" age, only if she is disabled, and/or her prognosis becomes worse, or other conditions enter into the picture. At this point that is not the case.

There is a financial aid program through St. Lukes that could possibly cover 75% of her costs. They have begun the application process, but at this point she has not been approved. Even if she qualifies, it doesn't pay the 25% that they requested upfront for the surgery. The upfront cost for the surgery is $15,750.

Today, she goes in for some more tests. She will have a follow-up appointment on Wednesday where they will hopefully schedule the surgery. They told her to expect the surgery within a couple of weeks.

What an incredible opportunity to come together as the body of Christ to help bless Angie. She has been through so much with the loss of her parents and yet has chosen to remain faithful to God. Even through her brain tumor, she has chosen to use this as a testimony for God.

Please send all tax-deductible gifts to Christian Campus House. 211 S. Maguire. Warrensburg, MO 64093. Please put "Angie" in the memo. If you have any further questions, please contact Jon or Jenna at the Campus House. (660-747-8723)

In Him,
CCH Staff
Jon Ralls and Jenna Wright
*********************************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy!! Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking and praying for you each and every day! I think I have realized lately how extremely blessed I am by your friendship. I found a quote the other day... it said "Surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher." I immediately thought of you. So I put the picture of you, jake, and I in a frame and then wrote that quote on it... because it's a chalkboard frame. Anyway.... I really am so thankful for your encouragement and your friendship. There are just some people that you know would be there for you anytime, anywhere, no matter what their circumstances. I know that you are that kind of friend!! So thank you Angie Rhoads. Trust that no matter what the news tomorrow- that God holds you tight in his loving hands and had plans more glorious than you could ever imagine!! Because you are his daughter- his beloved! Can't wait to see the fruit that comes from all of this. God will use you in ways you can't even imagine. Love you friend. Can't wait to hear from you! Bye buddy!

About Me

My photo
I am a girl simply living the life God has put before me. As we both know it has had its ups and downs. But, He is using me in ways that I cannot imagine.