9.26.2006

Preparation Day

Today I go in for my preop appointment. I do not really know what to expect. I know my blood will be drawn again and I know that I will need to be able to aim (I will let you figure that one out)! Other than that I am without a clue.

Also, my emotions are really starting to take a toll on me. I simply do not feel like Angie anymore. I have never struggled with this before and it is turning into anger. Not anger at any specific person or even God, just the situation.

On a brighter note, my dad's nurse was able to get some of his records. I was told that the records were long gone, but some how she was able to get her hands on them. I am very interested in seeing how my dad's brain tumor and mine compare.

A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO THE BIG MAN UPSTAIRS!!! God provided the funds that I needed upfront for my surgery in less than one week. If you don't believe in miracles or God, I think it may be time to start.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie...Im so glad to hear that you found your dad's med. rec...it would be interesting to compare. I'm excited to see you tomorrow...I hope you are able to get some good rest. P.S....its 2:47 am and I am bored at work!!! Ok bye!

Anonymous said...

Angie,

You are so sweet. Know that I'm continuing to pray for you, that you'll have both strength and peace because God is in control. Isn't it awesome to know that God intimately formed you and knows you and desires to protect and provide for you.

Press on,

Kapple

Samuel said...

Hi friend,
The feelings you are going through Angie are yours, and they are normal. My father went through something similar when they discovered he had cancer. Remember that you are God's precious daughter, that He created you and that He knows you inside and out. I know you are already experiencing God's protection in your life, even through everything that is going on. This is a verse that strengthened my father while he went though his treatment:

14 Sing, [ANGIE] O Daughter of Zion; shout aloud, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, [ANGIE] O Daughter of Jerusalem!

15 The LORD has taken away your punishment, he has turned back your enemy [ANGIE]. The LORD, the King of Israel, is with you [ANGIE]; never again will you fear any harm.

16 On that day they will say to Jerusalem, "Do not fear [ANGIE], O Zion; do not let your hands hang limp.

17 The LORD your God is with you [ANGIE], he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

18 "The sorrows for the appointed feasts I will remove from you [ANGIE]; they are a burden and a reproach to you.

Zephaniah 3:14-18

I'm sorry we won't be able to make it tonight, I have classes in the evening and my parents have to work. Still, we are there with you in spirit, already celebrating what God is going to do in you. Greetings to everybody we know from St. Paul's. I will be there in the hospital friday - maybe I won't see you but I'll spend some time with Brian and Brenda and everybody else.

Anonymous said...

I've been praying for you and the nurses who are going to care for you.

In just a little bit, I'm going to visit you in the PEET Center. :)

Good luck with your aim... :) You are silly!

Since I'm getting to work today, I will miss your fun party tonight. I wish I could be there though.

Anonymous said...

Hi angie! Good luck on your tumor! This is one of the kids Jenna nannies for! Say hi to Jenna for me!



-Mady

Anonymous said...

Angie:
I am so sorry that I have not been there for you. As my future wife this is just not acceptable!! You are the coolest, sweetest girl I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and for the life of me I cannot explain why you are having to go through this ordeal. For the greater good of mankind, perhaps? The influence you have on everyone you meet is astounding and far beyond the realm of anything we could ever imagine. SHAKE AND BAKE, Angie!!!! The one good thing to come out of this is for you to experience the complete and utter joy of hospital jello. You are a lucky, lucky girl. (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ) I love U lots
Kevin Prewitt

Anonymous said...

Angie,
Hey girl.I know that you have had better days, but know that better days are yet to come! I am sure you are astonished to experience the arsenal of prayer warriors that exist on your behalf. I have shared your situation with my church family and friends at my work; and just image - it only takes two or three!

Just in case you need to hear this again...it is okay to feel exactly what you are feeling. In our human-ness we are expected to struggle with our emotions. You are not alone. God is with you. We pray that He brings you comfort, courage, strength, and peace as you face each new day.

Love and Prayers,
Len and Jill

About Me

My photo
I am a girl simply living the life God has put before me. As we both know it has had its ups and downs. But, He is using me in ways that I cannot imagine.